The Federal Jury Verdict Reporter is now available. The first issue was published October of 2005, and looks very, very impressive. Click here for a PDF copy of the whole issue!
Call (866) 228 - 2447 to subscribe and obtain your copy.
Cost is $249.00 per year (for 1200 jury results!!)
It should be useful companion to the Kentucky Trial Court Review which digests all of the Kentucky civil jury trials, with updates on the tort and insurance opinions from our appellate courts.
Due to the fact that there are now fewer and fewer trials in the state, another source on the types and value of verdicts throughout the country should be of assistance. As most know, the computer data bases used by the insurance industry may very well include this additional data.
The October issue reviewed and digested 100 cases!
However, there is more in the National Jury Verdict Reporter than the just the dollar amount of the verdicts. You get the following information:
- Useful indices on jurisdiction and types of civil trials with verdict numbers.
- Information on each case
- Plaintiff and Defense Lawyers
- Jury Instructions and Verdict (digested)
- Post Trial Motions
With this information, you can now access the case using PACER and obtain:
- Copies of pleadings (complaint, answer, discovery, motions).
- Identify any experts used.
- Call the lawyer who tried the case for a little help.
- Identify trends in other parts of the country.
- Add to your own informational data base in your head as to the value of cases.
Now we all have a wish list, and mine would be:
- Identify the names and specialities of expert witnesses.
- Do a Year In Review.